Saturday, July 18, 2009

How Has Running Changed Your Life?

I have read numerous stories about people who have used running to help them overcome monumental obstacles in their lives. Each story no matter how similar or different is a true inspiration. Running has helped me deal with a chronic illness and to this day still helps keep me a healthy, positive, and motivated person.

How has running helped you overcome a life obstacle? I'd like to feature on the blog the stories of a different RunnerDude's Blog readers who are willing to share their experiences. What an awesome way to inspire and motivate others to possibly use running as a tool to change their lives for the better.

Periodically I'll be asking you (the readers) to send me your stories. For this first round, email your story along with an attached photo (jpeg format) and/or a YouTube video link of yourself (suitable for posting on the blog) to runnerdudeblog@yahoo.com with the subject line "My Story" by midnight Friday, July 31. Each email that's received will be placed in a drawing for a $25 RoadRunner Sports Gift Card. Each email will be assigned a different number based on the order that the emails are received. The winning number will be selected by The True Random Number Generator at Random.org on Saturday, August 1. This is simply a drawing for the participants. The stories will not be judged in any way. My goal is to try and post as many of the submitted stories as possible.

I look forward to reading, celebrating, and sharing your stories with all of the RunnerDude's Blog readers and seeing the powerful impact they'll undoubtedly have.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Great idea. I will be emailing you. Have a great weekend!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

another great contest! I'll send you an email shortly :)

RunnerDude said...

Hey Stacey and Mel! Awesome! Looking forward to your stories!!

Unknown said...

I sent you an e-mail! :)