Monday, June 1, 2009

RunnerDude Discovers The Blender Bottle!

Disclaimer: The following post may sound like an infomercial, but it's not. Just a pretty cool product discovery I made and wanted to share it with you. :-)

The other day I was picking up some sports gels, sports drink mix, and some protein powder at the Vitamin Shoppe. While at the checkout counter, I happened to look down at the impulse-buy items. You know, those cool flashy gadgets that work for about a day and then break (kind of like the kids' happy meal toys). But this time what I saw were water bottles. I needed a new bottle to take with me to the gym, so I took a closer look.

To my surprise they weren't water bottles; they were shaker bottles—Blender Bottles. Okay, you're thinking the same thing I did...."[yawn] You've seen one shaker bottle, you've seen them all." But, something inside the bottles caught my eye and piqued my curiosity. Inside each bottle was a wire ball. Basically, Blender Bottles are shakers, you know the things you plop your milk and protein power into and shake, shake, shake to mix it all together. The cool thing about these bottles (or so said the label) was the unique wire ball inside. Ever mix up your protein shake and gulp it down only to have the last swallow full of un-mixed powder? Yuck! Well Blender Bottle claims that the wire ball acts like a wire whisk when you shake the bottle making sure that all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Sounded good to me, so I bought one. (Okay, it doesn't take much to sell me something, but I was really tired of that unmixed powder in my protein shakes!)

The good news is that it actually works! It actually does what it claims to do! So far I've used it to mix up my sports drink as well as my protein shakes. Both mixed up great with no remaining powder! I saw a website on the bottom of the bottle, so I checked it out and discovered there are lots of other uses for the bottle including mixing up
Salad Dressings
Pancake Batter
Yogurt Smoothies
Lump-Free Gravy
French Toast Batter
Scrambled Eggs
Tempura Batter
Sauces and Marinades
Pudding
Omelets & Egg Dishes
Water Bottle

Dry Ingredients (cinnamon or colored sugar, etc.)

The website also provides dozens of different recipes using the bottle. You can purchase the bottles from the website or [click here] to find a store near you that carries them. Check them out. This time the impulse buy was a great buy! I checked to see if there were any video clips of people using the bottle and I came across the clip below from Dr. Brett Saks, a health and wellness coach.

16 comments:

Em (Unrefined Athlete) said...

Haha you just totally sounded like an infomercial there but now I want a blender bottle in the worst way! Love the suggestion on what to use it for and I hate my immersion blender.

RunnerDude said...

Hey Em! LOL! Suppose I did sound a bit infomercially, but I really like this product. It really was just a happen-upon product. Bought it last week and I've used it everyday since. Really sturdy too, not that cheap plastic. Maybe I'll become the next George Foreman or Mr. Ronco! Hey, I have a Pocket Fisherman that's really cool...wanna hear about it? LOL! Comes with a free set of Ginsu knives!

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

looks great for protein shakes, thanks for sharing! p.s. you could give Billy Mays a run for his money in the informercial world, haha!

JenZen said...

Nice promotion. You should totally be getting a commission. :) Neat idea for shakes on the go!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Heather! Maybe if I go from a goatee to a full beard, I'll look like him too!! LOL!

RunnerDude said...

Hey JenZen! I know I sound like a salesman, but it really does work well. Maybe I should go on the road for Blender Bottle. LOL!

Rookie on the Run said...

I WANT THAT! I sound like my kids when they watch Nickolodean for any length of time. :)

RunnerDude said...

Hey Rookie on the Run! That's funny! Clean your room and then we'll talk about getting you a Blender Bottle.

joyRuN said...

Sounds like the perfect solution to my clumpy recovery drink!

Regina said...

hey, no fair, my Vitamin Shoppe doesn't sell gels. I'm feeling jipped. Must find this blender thing if only for Sunday morning pancakes!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Off to the run now....what mysteries await...?

RunnerDude said...

Hey JoyRuN! You'll really like how well it works!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Regina! Welcome to the blog! Yep, our Vitamin Shoppe has a pretty good gel selection. Tell yours that the NC shoppes are show them up! Maybe they'll order some! LOL!

Patrick said...

Yeah-- You did sound like an infomercial!!!! But I am sold!

You are a great salesman-- are you getting a cut from the company? :)

RunnerDude said...

Hey Patrick! Wish I was getting a cut. Maybe I should email a link to the blog. Might at least get some free Blender Bottles! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

To say this Blender Bottle is great would be a huge understatement. Picked one up last week and I'm so impressed. It works even better than I expected. Thanks for the recommendation RunnerDude--I've been telling all my friends who have been mixing, poking and putting up with those clumps for years. Why suffer?

RunnerDude said...

Hey Anonymous!Glad to hear your a believer too! LOL! Really is hard to see how cool it is until you actually use it and see that it really works and so well! Keep on Blendin!