Monday, June 22, 2009

Energy Supplements—Tell RunnerDude What You Think And Win Chance at a $25 RoadRunner Sports Gift Certificate!

One of the hot new energy products to hit the market is FRS. FRS is endorsed by athletes such as Lance Armstrong and Derek Fisher. FRS's appeal is its "revolutionary" blend of antioxidants and vitamins that FRS claims to enhance your body's energy system, fueling you up when you need it while supporting your immune system. The FRS products have been clinically shown to increase endurance, provide sustained energy, and improve focus, plus an added bonus is that there's not supposed to be any jittery feeling or crash—just prolonged energy that helps keep you focused and fully charged. Quercetin is the "secret weapon" (an antioxidant found in foods like blueberries, apples and grapes). It's supposed to enhance your body's energy system and is why FRS is supposed to keep you feeling energized longer. FRS also contains—B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12, along with C and E.

RunnerDude is interested in your experiences using any of the energy supplements on the market, especially FRS. If you've used any energy supplement, let RunnerDude know how it worked for you by emailing your comments to runnerdudeblog@yahoo.com by Saturday, June 27th. Your email will be entered in a drawing for a $25 RoadRunnerSports gift certificate. The drawing will be held on Sunday, June 28th.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried FRS--didn't notice a big difference. I guess I'm too hyper. Maybe I should have taken all four at once. I think it directed you to take two at a time.

DawnB said...

I would love to hear more about FRS was so tempted the other day

RunnerDude said...

Hey Anonymous! Send your comment to runnerdudeblog@yahoo.com so you'll be entered into the $25 gift certificate drawing.

RunnerDude said...

Hey DawnB! Holding my comments until I get all the readers' comments. You should get a pack of the chews or try the liquid and see what you think. I got mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Jo Lynn said...

I've never heard of this one.

What else would you consider an "energy supplement"?

RunnerDude said...

Hey Jo Lynn! Beyond the energy gels that most runners use, now appearing on the market or these super vitamin mixtures (some are tablets, others chews, or liquids) that are supposed to help boost an athlete's endurance and energy levels. Many of these are recommended to be taken daily which is the big difference between them and the gels you may take for immediate effect durin a racee.

Tri-James said...

First, I have never used FRS... But I see so many ads and articles that say “Finally, an energy drink that lives up to the fanatic standards of Lance Armstrong.” That is exactly what I thought - after all this is Lance Armstrong – what does he have to gain by endorsing a product.

However, not only is FRS endorsed by Lance Armstrong – he owns a portion of the company. The ads are purposely giving this false impression that if Lance uses it then it must be good. That is typical of all celebrity endorsements, however, because he has a real vested interest –he owns a portion of the company – it has soured my taste on the product. They should openly disclose this fact in their advertising.

FLYERS26 said...

I never saw FRS.
I need to find them, and give'm a try!

runnerinsight said...

FRS is new to me too. I'll have to do some searching. Thanks for the information. : )

RunnerDude said...

Hey TRI-james! I agree. Would have been better in my opinion that he was more upfront about it too. I was also soured not by this but by the taste. LOL! Didn't care for the taste of the chews.

RunnerDude said...

Hey Flyer26 and Runnersight! I'm not endorsing FRS, but want to get feedback from runners who've used it. So, if you do try it out, let me know what you think.