Baked Berry Oatmeal
1 hour - Serves 4-6
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (I used canola oil)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk (I used 1% regular milk)
- Chopped Almonds
- Coconut Sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In large bowl stir together rolled oats, steel cut oats, baking powder, salt & cinnamon, set aside.
In medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, oil, applesauce, egg & milk. Add to oat mixture & stir until combined.
Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish (a 9" x 13" glass baking dish works good too). Top evenly with berries, chopped almonds & sprinkle lightly with coconut sugar.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Serve warm - top with Greek Yogurt and chopped almonds