Friday, May 1, 2009

Living Life to the Fullest

Living life to the fullest...that's exactly what my running buddy Neal Leeper is doing. On May 2nd he'll be running his 4th marathon. Three years ago Neal was over 70 lbs heavier. His doctor told him he needed to lose weight if he wanted to live to see his young daughter graduate. Neal heeded the doctor's warning and began a mission to lose the weight. He also took up running and fell in love with it. Neal is one of the most motivated and inspiring people I know. I've run 10 marathons in 11 years. On May 2nd, Neal will have run 4 in a fraction of that time. Forget the Biggest Loser, Neal's the Biggest Winner! Check out the news clip below on Neal from Fox8 News.


4 comments:

ciclista said...

well for years i have been running and cycling a I use to be in the pack. my prize is finish!!! and stories like this give me more reasons to wake up tommorrow!!! thanks and good luck buddies from costa rica!!!

Ms. V. said...

I love your blog, but the only thing that shows up in my reader are the comments!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Ipereira! I'll be sure to pass your comment on to Neal. Thanks!!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Ms. V! Thanks! I'm not sure why you're only getting comments. I know sometimes a reader doesn't pull in everything, but it should show more than just the comments. I'll dig a little and see what's happening. Anybody know how to solve this problem for Ms. V?