Friday, May 8, 2009

20 Tunes for the Road

I guess I'm old school, because it took a long time before I started to listen to music while running. Still don't listen to music too often while on the open road, trail, or greenway, but I have found that listening to music while on the treadmill helps pass the time. Music's also good on a really long run if I'm running it alone and don't have my running buddies to shoot the breeze with. If you enjoy listening to music on the run, here's a list of songs you might want to check out. What are some tunes you'd recommend?

Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
Viva la Vida - Coldplay
Clocks - Coldplay
The Climb - Miley Cyrus (Saw her movie with my 13-year old daughter; cute movie; great song!)
Crush - David Archuleta
Declaration - David Cook
Bridge Over Troubled Water -Clay Aiken (I know, I know...but his rendition is great)
Love Don't Live Here - Lady Antebellum
Twisted - Carrie Underwood
Who Says You Can't Go Home - Bon Jovi/Jennifer Nettles
Once in a Lifetime - Keith Urban
Used to the Pain - Keith Urban
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
That's Just Me - Blaine Larsen
Tell Me -Jake Owen
Shackles - Mandisa

17 comments:

Chic Runner said...

I just posted about this a few days back! :) I love your songs and kelli pickler rocks! :)

RunnerDude said...

Hey Chic Runner! I'll have to go check your list out! Love adding and swaping out songs. Kellie's an NC girl!

JenZen said...

I love hearing what other people listen to while running! My white trash roots always seem to come out and I pick up the pace when AC/DC rotates on the ipod. :D Great post! Just browsing and had to comment.

Anonymous said...

Nice list Thad... However I prefer in your face kind of music. Such as AC/DC, Metallica, Creed (Are You Ready, Higher), Eminem, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Guns & Roses, Alice In Chains, Limp Bizkit, etc. What is that you said??? Sorry, I can't hear you! LOL I know some of the lyrics are over the top but who can understand them anyway!?

Wayne ;-)

RunnerDude said...

Hey JenZen and Anonymous (Wayne)! Looks like you guys need to swap tunes! LOL! I tried that kind of music on the run, but my head was numb for a few days afterwards. Kind of like after going to a Nascar race. LOL!
Wanye, you like hard rock and Neal tells me he likes a song from the Mickey Moused Club. LOL! You youngins.

Ron said...

Hmm post something no one else has - Linkin park, BEP's, chilli peppers, MOby. Rap would be good because of the beat, but I'd prefer to continue ignoring the lyrics (and if i run with it, I'll learn them subconsciously) I've also been getting into techno stuff lately too.

The other thing I listen to is podcasts. I'm too distracted at the computer, so running is the only time I catch up on em.

RunnerDude said...

Hey Ron! There definitely is some great techno stuff good for running. Never thought about listening to podcast while on the run, but what a gret idea. Thanks!

Jason said...

Just discovered your blog and really enjoy it. I was thinking about my mantra but not sure if I can share it. Top Secret!!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Jason! Welcome to the blog! Share that mantra. We won't tell. LOL!

Jessica Lane said...

Glad to see some country on your list! I prefer a lot of awesomely bad 80's tunes to power me through my runs.
1. Down Under - Men At Work
2. You Can Call Me Al- Paul Simon
3. Invisible Touch - Genesis
4. Africa - Toto
5. Kyrie - Mr. Mister
Just to name a few.

RunnerDude said...

Hey Jessica! Glad I'm not the only one...I have quite a few 80s tunes on my running play list too! LOL!

Will said...

Who can listen to Pump It or Let's Get it Started by the Black Eyed Peas without getting a lift on a run? Also try listening to Push It by Salt N Peppa - you will run faster!

Anonymous said...

where the streets have no name - U2
"I wanna run......"
Hips dont lie - Shakira
England world cup song - new order

RunnerDude said...

Hey Will! More songs to add to my play list! Try to picture you listening to Salt N Peppa. Go Figure!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Anonymous! More great suggestions! Thanks!

Spring Runner said...

Runnerdude,
You are songs are too mellow. Add some rage. Check out my blog for a sample of what I listen to.
Springrunner

RunnerDude said...

Hey Spring Runner! I run for the mellow. LOL! The physical exercise releases my rage and the music is my inspiration, motivation, and "mellow-vation." That's the cool thing about running though, to each his/her own. You've got some good songs on your list. Rock and Rage on Dude!