Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Great Wipes at a Great Price!

Back in April, I reviewed a great new product called Action Wipes. I told you how they were perfect for a quick cleanup after my Saturday long runs with my running group before heading off for bagels and coffee with the gang.

A quote on the Action Wipes Website says, "Your face is not a baby's butt. Don't wipe it like one!" That kind of says it all. Action Wipes are sports wipes made specifically for adults. They're oversized moist towelettes that are durable, washable, alcohol free, and are safe for your face, sensitive skin, kids, and pets. You can even use them as a warm compress by heating them in the microwave or as a cold pack by placing them in the freezer or using them with ice.

If you recall, I was a little hesitant to use them because of my sensitive skin, but I gave them a try and they worked great! The wipe was big enough that I only needed one to clean my face, neck, and arms. The fragrance was nice. Didn't smell like a baby nor was it too perfumey. Best of all, my face didn't break out! It usually takes a few hours for a rash to develop if I'm going to have a reaction, but none occurred.

Another good thing about Action Wipes that a typical baby wipe can't do is be reused. Yep, you can through the dirty wipes in the wash and then reuse them later like a regular cleaning rag. The wipes are also good for soothing sunburn, insect bites and poison ivy, as well as cleaning scrapes, cuts, and road rash. I tried the "Big Wipes." My son recently took Action Wipes on a mission trip to Costa Rica. He said they were great for cleaning up in the humid climate.
Other great products such as natural bug repellant, slick lube, body wash, and body cream are featured on the Website.

The reason I'm reposting about Action Wipes is because Martha Van, the creator of Action Wipes, has generously provided a 15% discount to all RunnerDude's Blog readers. To checkout the Website and place an order, just click on the Action Wipes button under "The Runners Market" on the right-hand side of the blog. To receive the 15% discount, be sure to enter the code: RunnerDude at checkout. Give Action Wipes a try! You're gonna like em!

6 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Thanks for the review and the discount. I may have to give them a try. A girl can get pretty dirty out there on the trails. ;)

RunnerDude said...

Hey Jo Lynn! You'll like these. You actually feel clean after using them! I'm so salty after a run. I'd go get bagels and then on the way home would be when I'd discover all the salt streaks on my face. LOL! But now I just use an Action Wipe and salt streaks no more! Man, do I sound like an infomercial or what? LOL!

Rookie on the Run said...

Darn! I just bought some Nathan brand wipes for my marathon... after your review, I'll have to try Action Wipes next time. I bought them last week on a whim at the checkout counter at Road Runner Sports (classic impulse item).

Thanks for the review and the offer discount.

RunnerDude said...

Hey Rookie on the Run! No prob. Just keep em in mind when you run out of the others. Excited for you and your upcoming marathon!

renae said...

These look fantastic. I have super sensitive skin - I break out if I just think about it - so I'm very interested in trying these.

RunnerDude said...

Hey Renae! I have problems with rosacea. I can't even use most sunscreens on my face, but Action Wipes didn't bother me at all. Hope they work as well for you!