What kinds of foods are good for post-run eating? A lot!
• a glass of chocolate milk
• dried fruit and/or nuts (raw, unsalted)
• bagel with peanut butter or Nutella
• English muffin with cheese, peanut butter, or Nutella
• rice or popcorn cake with peanut butter or Nutella
• turkey sandwich
• smoothie made with fruit, Greek yogurt, and milk (for recipe, see archived 1/13 posting "Smooth Move")
• cottage cheese with fruit
• sports bar (be sure it's not loaded with extra sugar and fat)
For more post-run food options, click on any of the pictures above to view a video clip from sports dietition and Runner's World nutrition consultant, Leslie Bonci.