Saturday, December 11, 2010

101 Inspirational Stories of Energy, Endurance, and Endorphins!

Still got a present to buy for that crazy runner in the family? Know someone just beginning to run? Know someone who has been running for years and already has all the latest gadgets and running gear? Then I've got a great gift idea for you!

I'm sure you're familiar with the bestselling books in the inspirational series Chicken Soup for the Soul. The series, founded by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, has close to 100 titles in the series and one of the newest is Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners. This book contains stories from over 90 contributors consisting of everyday runners, running experts like Matt Fitzgerald, and elite runners such as Josh Cox and Dean Karnazes. A good running friend of mine, Dena Harris, has two wonderful stories in the book too!

Dean Karnazes' introduction to the book really spoke to me. Although I'll never run like Dean, it was cool to know that he too left a secure 9 to 5 job with benefits to pursue his passion. The dozens of other stories in the book will have you crying, laughing, and truly inspired.

I dare you to open the book and read a story or two. If you do, I bet you end up buying two copies.

8 comments:

Keri said...

Thank you! This is the perfect gift for my dad :)

RunnerDude said...

Hi Keri! Awesome! He'll love it!

Thomas Kennedy said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I am waiting for it to come out on Kindle--should be available in a couple of weeks!

Dean said...

Cool idea for a gift. I just created a list of the best gifts for runners, and didn't think of this book. Time to go edit.

Unknown said...

Thank you! Great gift idea!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Read it already. Good book.

Stacey said...

I want this book. I am going to put it on my list. (:

RunnerDude said...

Hi Stacey! Fingers crossed!