This meal is so versatile, you'll love it. All you need is grilled chicken tenderloins, multi-grain pasta, some frozen veggies and a few spices. That's it! The multi-grain pasta and the protein-rich chick peas and chicken make this dish perfect for a post-run meal. It also keeps well in the fridge so, make extra and take it to lunch the rest of the week.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
1 Box of Mueller's Multi-Grain Rotini Pasta
1 can of chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 pack of Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots mixture)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
Lawry's Seasoning Salt to taste
Grated parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil and the chopped onion in a large skillet on medium heat. While the onions are heating up, cook the chicken tenderloins. I use a George Foreman Grill. It cooks them fast and the excess fat is drained off. If you don't have a grill, you can cook the chicken breasts in the skillet along with the onions. Cut the cooked chicken into bite-sized chunks. When the onions have become translucent, drain the can of chick peas and add them to the onions. Pop the Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables into the microwave and cook as directed (about 5 minutes). Drain the pasta and add a little olive oil and stir. Then add the pasta to the onions and chick-pea mixture. Also add the chicken and steamed veggies. Season the mixture with Lawry's Seasoning salt to taste (doesn't take much). Stir until everything is combined. Plate the pasta mixture and top with grated parmesan cheese.
• Is whole-wheat pasta too heavy and bland for you? Try Mueller's Multi-Grain Pasta. Still provides the hearty complex carbohydrates needed to refuel your body, but it's not quite as dense as whole-wheat pasta.
• Don't care for chick peas? Leave them out or try a can of corn instead.
• Don't care for frozen veggies? Use fresh. Replace any of the vegetables I've suggested with your favorites. I've used a mixture of snow peas, water chestnuts, carrots, and broccoli that tastes great too!
• Don't like the added sodium from the Lowry's Seasoning Salt? Use one of the Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning products.
• Want to add even more flavor? Try marinating the chicken in a Mrs. Dash® Marinade prior to grilling.