Thursday, November 25, 2010

A RunnerDude's Thanksgiving-2010

I’m thankful for the creation of Anti Chafing creams.
I’m thankful for the ice bath although it makes me scream.

I’m thankful for the inserts that keep my tootsies comfy.
I’m thankful for pre-run oatmeal and yes, I like mine lumpy.

I’m thankful for post-run coffee, with my buds around the table.
I’m thankful for the peanut butter smeared atop my bagel.

I’m thankful for the long run and how it relieves the tension.
I’m thankful for all the support during a year of huge transition.

I’m thankful for all the guidance I’ve received from many peers.
I’m thankful for family’s patience during this year of switching gears.

I’m thankful for the interviews with greats like Yasso and Galloway.
I’m honored that they took the time, it really made my day.

I’m thankful for the pasta, bagels, and the Gu.
I’m thankful for the long runs that don’t involve a loo.

I’m thankful for my running buds, like Bobby, Dena, and Wayne.
I’m thankful for their support and hope I’ve not been a pain.

I’m thankful to the marathon, for eleven I have conquered.
I’m thankful for that annual goal and the confidence it has nurtured.

I’m thankful for my fitness passion and being oh so driven.
I’m even thankful to my Garmin although it’s been a lemon.

I’m thankful for my running shoes that carry me miles and miles.
I’m thankful for the race volunteers and their big encouraging smiles.

I’m thankful for my beginning runners and their faces all a glow.
I’m thankful for their many questions that keep me on my toes.

I’m thankful for the awesome runners I’ve been privileged to encounter.
I’m thankful for their inspiration, for without, life would be a downer.

I’m thankful for my dream to one day BQ,
Even though I may have to wait until I’m 72.

I’m thankful to the one above for being by my side
I’m thankful for friends and family and the encouragement they provide.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
RunnerDude

12 comments:

Dena said...

Aww... cutest post EVER. And we're all thankful for you!

Connie R said...

I'm thankful for Runner Dude
He keeps his blog updated with new and interesting posts.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

The Trail Jogger said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing this list!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

this is a cute post! =) happy thanksgiving!

Lauren said...

Great post!

Mike said...

Funny!!

Anonymous said...

Great Post!! Happy Thanksgiving to you. Your shirts came in and they are at the printer - should be ready by end of the week.
Talk soon, Em

RunnerDude said...

Hi Em! Awesome!! Thanks! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

RunnerDude said...

Thanks to all for the comments and I hope each of you had an awesome Thanksgiving!!!

gba_gf said...

I dedicated a mile of my marathon to the makers of my preferred anti chafe.... its definitely something to be thankful for!

The Slow One said...

I'm thankful for running blogs with helpful tips and info. Thanks!

RunnerDude said...

Thanks Chanda!