Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Guest Runner Chef: Johnny Vaccaro

One of my favorite healthy food and cooking websites is Johnny Vaccaro's Running the Kitchen. Johnny's own words best describe the website's purpose, "I believe in eating healthy and staying active. My goal is to keep you motivated and perform your best in the kitchen, on your runs and workouts, and in all other aspects of your life." Johnny's culinary creations are healthy, innovative, full of good stuff and fun to make.

I contacted Johnny a little while ago to see if he'd "cook-up" something special for the RunnerDude's Blog. He was awesome and said yes. Johnny asked me what ingredients I'd like for him to use and I suggested something with Quinoa. It's a great source of protein and it's really easy to fix, but so few people know about it. I also wanted the dish to be a great pre-run fuel source or post-run refueling source. Johnny came up with a great creation he calls Warm Cinnamon Pecan Quinoa. Check it out below.



Be sure to visit Running the Kitchen for all of Johnny's other great recipes! Also check out the Running the Kitchen Facebook page.

Thanks Johnny!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Thanks for introducing me to a new site for tasty healthy recipes!

Please Tell Johnny to set up a feed for his website so I can follow it!

Thanks!

-paul

RunnerDude said...

Will do, Paul! Thanks!

Dena said...

Looks delish. I'm making it this weekend. For once, I actually have every ingredient called for already in my kitchen. That never happens!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Dena! That's awesome! Let me know how you like the dish!