Friday, May 28, 2010

RunnerDude Reviews the Pearl Izumi SyncroFuel

Last week I reviewed Pearl Izumi's new trail shoe, the SyncroFuel XC. I had such a good experience that wanted to test drive the road version of the shoe, the SyncroFuel.

If you haven’t heard of Pearl Izumi, they're a relatively new running footwear brand. They introduced their first line of running shoes six years ago. Today, Pearl Izumi sports a line of 13 different models for men and women in their running shoe line.

Greensboro, NC, where I live, has a great network of trails and greenways that area runners, cyclists, mountain bikers, walkers, and hikers enjoy. For the trail shoes I hit a popular trail in the area and for the road version I hit one of the greenways, The Lake Brant Greenway.
-
Just like the trail shoe, the road version of the SyncroFuel gave me a great run and definitely deserves 5 dudes out of 5 dudes on the RunnerDude Rating Scale.

For more details on my experience with the SyncroFuel road shoe, check out the video clip below.



Note: Pearl Izumi requested the product review and provided the shoes for testing. I received no payment for completing the review; nor was I encouraged to write a positive review. The review results are strictly based on my experience running in the shoes. On a side note, I'd like to state that I don't endorse Pearl Izumi's stance on "Jogging" in their recent ad campaign. My stance is that running is an inclusive sport open to all athletes of all ability levels.

11 comments:

Tri-James said...

I think we have the same running biomechanics (neutral, fore foot striker, etc). Do you think the heel of the shoe is too large? And what about the weight of the shoe?

Kenley said...

Very cool video and thanks a lot for sharing your experience with Pearl Izumi and their latest shoe. Looks like there are a lot of cool trails in your area. One thing, is if you never get out (no matter where you live) and check it out, you never will know they exist. Was that a champion shirt you are wearing? if so, what is it and where did you get it? THanks runnerdude. Love your posts.

Joe The Runner said...

Good review. Looks to have a little much on the heel - Would it work for forefoot strikers?

Unknown said...

When I think of Pearl Izumi, I think of cycling gear. I just can't imagine them as a running shoe company.
Thanks for the review. Perhaps I'll look at them a little more seriously next time out.

RunnerDude said...

Hi Tri-James! I wondered the same thing, but the heel looks a little taller than it really is. My normal running shoe is the Saucony Triumph which has a lower heel. I really didn't have a problem with the SyncroFuels heel, though. The shoe is very light weight too. Would be great for racing.

RunnerDude said...

Hi Kenley! Yep, that's a Champion singlet. Funny you asked, because I checked today to see if they still sold them. I've really enjoyed mine. I orderd them off the Champion site. They have a newer version for sale now.

RunnerDude said...

Hi Joe the Runner! I'm a forefoot striker and they worked fine. I was worried the heel might be too tall, it I didn't have a problem. The shoe is very light too.

RunnerDude said...

Hi Cynthia! I was the same way, but I've been impressed with SyncroFuel.

Julie said...

I loved the video, you are very creative! Thanks for the review:)

It sounds like you have lots of nice places to run with fantastic running trails:) Lucky!

Have a great weekend!

Samurai Running said...

Good looking shoes those RD. Strangely the area I live in Japan is called "Izumi"!

You do have nice looking trails there too and play a mean set of bongos as well Dude!!

RunnerDude said...

Hey Scott! That's cool, that you live in Izumi! Thanks for the feedback on the review. I tell ya playing those bongos while running was hard! LOL!!